Hardrock Sport Disc or Trek 4300- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Hardrock Sport Disc or Trek 4300

I know you've all heard this a million times but I'm going to ask again. I'm relatively new to Mountain Biking and I'm looking for a new bike. I'm trying to stay in the 400 USD area. My top choices are The Hardrock Sport Disc and the Trek 4300. The Hardrock Sport Disc goes for 430 USD and the Trek 4300 goes for 360 USD. I've test ridden both of them and I liked how both of them rode. From what I can see the component group (excluding brakes) are similiar in quality.

I'm planning to ride some relatively technical trails, to me at least, and to just play around on this bike with some light dirt jumping and trials esque stuff.

What do you suggest?

Freshly Fujified

I vote Hardrock

I like this bike of the two. Keep in mind it's not made for dirt jumping. Technical singletrack, absolutely. The fork and frame are not suitable for drops or jumps.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I bought the trek 4300 instead of the Hardrock because i like the way it rode. But that is a personal preference. Components are close and quality is close. Mine has had no problems since i got it. I don't think you will go wrong with either. Buy the one you feel the best on.

Members who have read this thread: 0