good bike?/good deal?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

good bike?/good deal?

Hey all
    First post and unsure where to put this. I am relatively new to the mountain bike scene and jumped in with a Motobecane 700DS off of ebay. Well 4 months later and I think my riding ability has overcome the bike. I am looking into getting a higher end bike for XC type riding. I have been searching and kinda like the specialized bikes, mainly the FSR XC and the Stumpjumper FSR. I can get the FSR XC Pro for approx 1500. I basically got the thumbs down from the fiance for the XC Pro bc too much and I really wanted the more expensive Stumpjumper anyway. I think u guys know how that story ended. Well I was searching the web and found a used, but seems to be in good condition Specialized Stumpjumper Anniversary Edition Disc, which has a fox fork and rear shock, and hydro brakes. It seems like a good deal at 1250 and may be just what I am looking for. For details it is in the classified section or http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin/...uery=retrieval

Sorry for the long post, but if anyone has any ideas suggestions or guidance it would be greatly appreciated before I shell out money on something I am not going to be happy with.

-Kyle

Freshly Fujified

Jump on it

I would contact the guy, see if he'll let you speak with him by phone and ask a lot of questions. Huw much time has the bike had on it, what type of riding, who has done the maintenance, how oftern, etc., etc. If possible, schedule an appointment to see the bike, and if it's in good shape, buy it. The Stumpy is a year in, year out standard in full suspension bikes, and this particular model has an excellent component spec.

Jump on it before someone else does.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Members who have read this thread: 0