Going crazy trying to decide which FS!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Going crazy trying to decide which FS!!!

I've been reading on these forums and the net for about a month and can't make up my mind about which bike to get.

I'm getting back into MTB after a 8 year break and would really like an AM bike to cruise on the trails and could also handle the occasional jump and small dropoff. I am 6'4" and 225#'

Budget $1200

Bikes I'm considering-
    Ibex Ignition 07 SE
    http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/IGN-SUP-SE-Details.html
    Iron Horse Hollowpoint Mark III Trail
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/....cfm?sku=23360
    Iron Horse Warrior Pro
    http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id....=7&category=55
    K2 Lithium 3.0
    Iron Horse Yakuza Ojiki (biggest is 19" frame, would it be too small??)

-My first choice is the Ibex Atlas Sport, but they are sold out in my size, and I'd rather not wait until next year's come out, since x-mas will be close and my bike will get pushed to the back burner.
    -I also like the Ignition SE, but I would like more than 4" of travel.
    -The Warrior Pro is the "cheapest" on my list and my LBS would sell it to me for around $700, plus exchange stems, service for 6 months, etc (the benefits of LBS). I could run the stock components into the ground and upgrade from there
    -There are a few bikes I've found online that I like at closeout prices, but not in my size, e.g. K2 lithium 4.0.

What other bikes should I consider?

If anyone has any advice or suggestions I'm very open. Thanks for reading.

wyrd bi ful rd
    Have you demo any of the bikes?

Semper Fi
    Jul 2007
    Ibex has nice equipment....

I have an 07 Fuel EX8 and an Ibex Atlas Expert.... I prefer the Trek for all my riding which is mostly AM though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaman
    Have you demo any of the bikes?
    Can't demo the ibex (online company). I've rode the warrior pro (good fit, not impressed with fork) and a 17" ojiki (which felt too small)

Semper Fi
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kpm700
    Can't demo the ibex (online company). I've rode the warrior pro (good fit, not impressed with fork) and a 17" ojiki (which felt too small)

Where are you located?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by unit74
    Where are you located?
    St. George, UT (southern border of state, 120 mi north of Vegas)

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    k2 lithium 4.0 is a nice bike for the money but unfortunately, RS does not have your size unless you get 19" frame which might be small for you. still k2 lithium 3.0 has good value though. I remember that RS sold it for $899 weeks ago but they lowered price to $799. if you live near REI store, you might able to try K2 lithium.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimguroo
    k2 lithium 4.0 is a nice bike for the money but unfortunately, RS does not have your size unless you get 19" frame which might be small for you. still k2 lithium 3.0 has good value though. I remember that RS sold it for $899 weeks ago but they lowered price to $799. if you live near REI store, you might able to try K2 lithium.
    The lithium 3.0 is fairly tempting for the price. How are the hayes sole hydraulic brakes? Not to familiar with them.

40 & Fast
    FWIW
    I like the hollowpoint.

Next I would go with the Ibex, it has a nice mix of parts, my only resvervation is the interrupted seat tube, but thats a personal preference, I highly doubt the there is anything wrong with the frame.
    Ride hard, Drag the broken pieces back, Share lusty tales of adventure & Tell everyone, " I almost stuck the landing".

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I guess most of people hate hayes sole hydraulic brakes but I don't have big problems yet.
    I thought about upgrading brakes but I decided to keep it until it breaks.
    RS sold it for $899 two weeks ago and was surprised it by $100 lowering price.
    you can check K2 forum and you will be able to see some photos and reviews on k2 lithium.

Good luck with new bike hunting

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    definitely no on the warrior. I "sell" them at the performance bike store where I work, but refuse to sell anymore. Junk. Yakuza Ojiki would be good for you since you are a bit heftier than the average rider. 19" would be a bit small, good for technical stuff, but cramped for longer distance riding. I'd go with the MkIII ideally, because it can handle most anything (a good do it all bike), and has an amazing suspension design (dw link) that I've fallen in love with. Not a fan of the ibex, and don't know much about the K2, but I'd say MkIII, maybe K2.

wyrd bi ful rd
    How are the hayes sole hydraulic brakes? Not to familiar with them ...
    I found them to fade quite quickly on continous downhill runs. I swapped them over to XTs and had no problems.

mtbr member
    I've been reading on these forums and the net for about a month and can't make up my mind about which bike to get.

I'm getting back into MTB after a 8 year break and would really like an AM bike to cruise on the trails and could also handle the occasional jump and small dropoff. I am 6'4" and 225#'

Budget $1200

Bikes I'm considering-
    Ibex Ignition 07 SE
    http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/IGN-SUP-SE-Details.html
    Iron Horse Hollowpoint Mark III Trail
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/....cfm?sku=23360
    Iron Horse Warrior Pro
    K2 Lithium 3.0
    Iron Horse Yakuza Ojiki (biggest is 19" frame, would it be too small??)

-My first choice is the Ibex Atlas Sport, but they are sold out in my size, and I'd rather not wait until next year's come out, since x-mas will be close and my bike will get pushed to the back burner.
    -I also like the Ignition SE, but I would like more than 4" of travel.
    -The Warrior Pro is the "cheapest" on my list and my LBS would sell it to me for around $700, plus exchange stems, service for 6 months, etc (the benefits of LBS). I could run the stock components into the ground and upgrade from there
    -There are a few bikes I've found online that I like at closeout prices, but not in my size, e.g. K2 lithium 4.0.

What other bikes should I consider?

If anyone has any advice or suggestions I'm very open. Thanks for reading.
    bud i'm in the exact same boat as you (i would have been all over the atlas sport but alas no more larges), and i've come to the conclusion that guys our size are just SOL at this time of year... all the 07's are closing out and are a PITA to find in large / xlarge (you can alwasy tells when a bike is good... there are no more of the largest size ) or we have to wait for the 08's.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    The two of you interested in the Ibex Atlas Sport should give Ibex a call. I purchase my Atlas sport about 3 weeks ago (love it ). A couple of days before I had the money to by the bike I was a bit concearned that there were only 2 or 3 of the Atlas Sport models left. During a phone call I was told by the sales person that in addition to the 2 or 3 production models they had, there we also several pre-production models floating around the warehouse. They are exactly the same as the standard production model, but I think they may have slightly different graphics. As it was explained to me, these pre-production bikes were the final proto-types sent from the factory to Ibex for approval before they could go into full production.

So if you really want and Atlas Sport give them a call, they may still have a couple of these pre-production models around.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Both Iron Horse's look like durable bikes for both your weight and height.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I was looking at pretty much the same selection of bikes as you and ended up ordering the iron horse warrior pro. I rode a friends warrior trail last week and while I havent rode any other full suspensions to compare it too it was a great improvement over the rigid i'm riding now. I'm 6'1'' and about 200lbs and had a hard time finding anything that would fit me without spending twice the money.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Mailloux
    The two of you interested in the Ibex Atlas Sport should give Ibex a call. I purchase my Atlas sport about 3 weeks ago (love it ). A couple of days before I had the money to by the bike I was a bit concearned that there were only 2 or 3 of the Atlas Sport models left. During a phone call I was told by the sales person that in addition to the 2 or 3 production models they had, there we also several pre-production models floating around the warehouse. They are exactly the same as the standard production model, but I think they may have slightly different graphics. As it was explained to me, these pre-production bikes were the final proto-types sent from the factory to Ibex for approval before they could go into full production.

So if you really want and Atlas Sport give them a call, they may still have a couple of these pre-production models around.
    Thanks for the heads up, I just e-mailed them and will keep my fingers crossed.

Did you buy a large frame? If so how tall are you?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaman
    I found them to fade quite quickly on continous downhill runs. I swapped them over to XTs and had no problems.
    How much was the upgrade if you don't mind me asking??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandrew
    bud i'm in the exact same boat as you (i would have been all over the atlas sport but alas no more larges), and i've come to the conclusion that guys our size are just SOL at this time of year... all the 07's are closing out and are a PITA to find in large / xlarge (you can alwasy tells when a bike is good... there are no more of the largest size ) or we have to wait for the 08's.
    It's nice to know someone feels the same pain.

I'm starting to lean towards the lithium 3.0; seems like a pretty decent bike for $800. I am going to Vegas this weekend to watch the USA b-ball team and am going to try and stop by REI, see the bike in person and possibly test ride it. If I do I'll let you know my impressions

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the heads up, I just e-mailed them and will keep my fingers crossed.

Did you buy a large frame? If so how tall are you?
    I am almost 6'-1" tall and I purchased an 18.5" frame. It fits me perfectly.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    It's nice to know someone feels the same pain.

I'm starting to lean towards the lithium 3.0; seems like a pretty decent bike for $800. I am going to Vegas this weekend to watch the USA b-ball team and am going to try and stop by REI, see the bike in person and possibly test ride it. If I do I'll let you know my impressions
    call to REI before you go there, they might not have the lithium at the store.

I am 150lbs so I don't have any problem with rear and front fork.
    I don't know bar and tora can strongly handle your weight.
    check k2 forum and ask about frame, fork, brake etc..... especially greenlightgo. he has lithium 4.0 and knows alot of stuff about lithium.

upgrading bike is very addictive

mtbr member
    Just got an e-mail back from IBEX and there are no more of the pre-production Atlas Sport. Also FYI for anyone holding out for a 08 Atlas sport, they are being replace by the Ignition Super. Looks like it will be a pretty sweet bike, but I don't know if I can wait that long.

Code:
    <table width="620" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" bgcolor="#333333">
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" width="16%" height="25" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Model: 
          </font></td>
        <td align="center" width="21%" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="25"><b><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Ignition-1</font></b></td>
        <td align="center" width="21%" height="25" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><b><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Ignition-2</font></b></td>
        <td align="center" width="21%" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="25"><b><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Ignition-3</font></b></td>
        <td align="center" width="21%" height="25" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><b><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Ignition 
          Super</font></b></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Frame: 
          </font></td>
        <td align="center" colspan="4" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Gen-III 
          IBEX Ignition / 6061 Aluminum / 4-Bar Rear / 120mm Travel</font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="30" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Fork: 
          </font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="30"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">RST 
          Gila Pro <br>
          110mm</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="30" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Marzocchi 
          MZ Race <br>
          120mm / Lockout</font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="30"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Marzocchi 
          MX L/O<br>
          120mm / Lockout</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="30" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Rock 
          Shox Tora 302<br>
          Air / 130mm / Lockout</font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Rear 
          Shock: </font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Vector 
          290 Coil</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Vector 
          Axis Coil L/O</font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Rock 
          Shox Bar 2.1</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Manitou 
          Radium RL</font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Shifters: 
          </font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Shimano 
          Alivio </font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">SRAM 
          X5 </font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Shimano 
          Deore </font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">SRAM 
          X7 </font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Fr- 
          Derailleur: </font></td>
          Alivio </font></td>
          3.0</font></td>
          Deore </font></td>
          X7 </font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Rr- 
          Derailleur: </font></td>
          Deore</font></td>
          X5 </font></td>
          LX</font></td>
          X7 </font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Crankset: 
          </font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">FSA 
          DynaDrive</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">FSA 
          AlphaDrive </font></td>
          M443</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">FSA 
          Moto MegaExo</font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Cassette: 
          </font></td>
          HG40 </font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Shimano 
          HG40 </font></td>
          HG50-9</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Shimano 
          HG50-9</font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Chain: 
          </font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">KMC 
          Z72 </font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">KMC 
          Z8 </font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">KMC 
          Z9200 </font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">KMC 
          Z9200 </font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Brakeset: 
          </font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Tektro 
          IOX Discs</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Hayes 
          MX-2 Discs</font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Avid 
          BB5 Discs</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Avid 
          BB7 Discs</font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Brake 
          Levers: </font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Tektro</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Hayes 
          HML </font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Avid 
          FR5 </font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Avid 
          SD7 </font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Rims: 
          </font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">WTB 
          SX</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">WTB 
          SpeedDisc AM</font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">WTB 
          SpeedDisc AM</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">WTB 
          SpeedDisc AM</font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Hubs: 
          </font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Formula 
          Alloy Disc</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Formula 
          Alloy Disc</font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Formula 
          Alloy Disc</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Formula 
          Alloy Disc</font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Tires: 
          </font></td>
          VelociRaptor</font></td>
          VelociRaptor</font></td>
          VelociRaptor</font></td>
          VelociRaptor</font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Cockpit 
          Set: </font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Kalloy</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">UNO</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">UNO</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">TruVativ 
          XR </font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Saddle: 
          </font></td>
          Pure V Race</font></td>
          Pure V Race</font></td>
          Pure V Race</font></td>
          Pure V Race</font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> 
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Pedals: 
          </font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">HTI 
          Alloy Platform</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">HTI 
          Alloy Platform</font></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Shimano Clipless</font></td>
        <td align="center" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Shimano Clipless</font></td>
      </tr>
      <tr bgcolor="#FFFFFF" align="center"> 
        <td align="right" height="21" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Estimated 
          Price: </font></td>
        <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="21"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">$549</font></td>
        <td height="21" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">$699</font></td>
        <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="21"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">$849</font></td>
        <td height="21" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">$999</font></td>
      </tr>
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1"> 
          Color 1 (Gloss): </font></td>
        <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">German 
          Silver </font></td>
        <td height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Firecracker 
          Red</font></td>
        <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Hornet 
          Yellow</font></td>
        <td height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Pearl 
          Lime</font></td>
      </tr>
        <td align="right" height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1"> 
          Color 2 (Matte): </font></td>
        <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">n/a</font></td>
        <td height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Sand 
          Blue</font></td>
        <td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" height="20"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Sand Green</font></td>
        <td height="20" bgcolor="#CCFFFF"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Sand 
          Black</font></td>
      </tr>
    </table><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">*specs, pricing and color selections subject to change</font>

I copied this table from the Ibex forum

mtbr member
    yeah that ingition super looks like a great bike. i'm also leaning towards the k2 lithium 3.0. hate to be such a fashion victim but that acid green on the iron horse warrior pro is too flashy for me and the hydro brakes on the k2 sound nice.

so kpm700, if you do get a chance to ride the lithium 3.0 let me know how it goes, especially in regards to whether you can get that suspension to handle our vast bulk and not have to jack the seatpost to maximum lol. i suspect most bikes out there will struggle to prevent bottoming out since most mbikers = 160+/- lbs-ish range, but we can dream right! just because we're 220lbs do we not bleed!?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    if a big guy buys a warrior he will Have to replace the rear derailleur hanger, and the fork is going to be extremely soft. and new springs are near impossible to come by since manitou was bought by hayes. The shop I work at has been waiting on two sets for almost two months now. I've sold two of these bikes to big boys this summer, and I reallllly suggest you avoid.

mtbr member
    thanks for the heads up crazylax.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandrew
    thanks for the heads up crazylax.
    Ditto

Any opinions on the Rockshox Tora 302??

Also does Randall Scott have discount coupons/codes very often? I came across a 15% off code but it expired about 10 months ago.

wyrd bi ful rd
    How much was the upgrade if you don't mind me asking??
    The thing is I am in the UK and prices are slightly different from the US.

I will recommend you look for a good deal from ebay. Ask for more pictures. Now that the 2008 XTs are out, there will be someone who will want to swap over and that is where you come in.

I am using the XTs with hope floating rotors.

The trick is to use post mount calipers.

Members who have read this thread: 0