mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Getting back in! Your opinions on which way to go.

Long story short...Sold my Pivot Mach 5 about 3 years ago because my riding buddies quit or moved. I ride the roads now, but want to get back in the dirt as well. I'll mainly ride on the weekends.
    I'd like to pick up a XT Mojo 3. It's a chunk of loot and while I can spend it....I have a hard time justifying it.
    I'm also looking at the possibility picking up a well spec'd Mojo SLR for under 2k. I have zero issues rolling a 26 again, but I wonder how long 26" parts support will be there or if it is not a concern.
    I realize a 27.5 and the new tech is probably fantastic and I'll look into something new in a few years when my old ass needs something more plush lol.

Thoughts or opinions? I'd just like to cover all bases before I pull the trigger.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Id strongly recommend at least trying some of the new stuff out there.

DW link isnt the end all like years back when everything else pedaled terribly. You can go buy a new single pivot bike that outpedals DW link bikes these days.

Ibis is a great brand, and DW link is a great suspension, but so is most everything else these days too. Id definitely take a newer, more modern bike over an older SLR.

The new mojo 3 is a great bike, no doubt, but you dont have to spend that much to get a different, also great bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Thx, that helped. I decided the money is better spent on a new or newer ride. Iím looking at building something up that will last me awhile... or until next year when everything changes 😂😂