Gary Fisher X-CAL 29er question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Gary Fisher X-CAL 29er question

My LBS has a 2006 GF x-cal test bike for sale. It is in pretty good condition... has a few scrapes, looks like it has been wrecked once or twice. The salesman tried to tell me it was worth $1700 new because it has custom parts. I know for a fact that it is bone stock, and me he may be trying to pull the wool over my eyes. They are asking $1000 for it. What would be a fair deal for me to ask for? I was going to offer $800, but i don't want to be a jerk trying to steal it from them. On the other hand, I don't want to get ripped off either. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

(BTW the 07 retails for $1379)
    Last edited by dooks88; 03-05-2007 at 01:35 PM.

Freshly Fujified

List is about $1400

So it's a year old, and right off the bat to me that means take 20% off the top for a brand new leftover. That leaves us at $1120 if it were brand new, old stock. Factor in another 20-30% for the fact that the bike is dinged up (depending on the condition, you say it looks like it's been crashed) and you're in that $800-$900 range. I say offer $900 tax included and see what they say. I wouldn't give them a penny more, but that's just me. I'm cheap.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Members who have read this thread: 0