Gary Fisher Choice Help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Gary Fisher Choice Help

Hi guys,

I, having been a previous owner of a Gary Fisher, have decided to go with a Gary Fisher mountain bike. Though I am having troubles on which bike to chose from. If you could all give me your opinions of each bike, why you like it, and why of course it would be much appreciated.

Oh, I am a beginner to this bike techno-talk, I am just use to just jumping on a bike and going. So if you could reply with answers I could understand it would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help guys!

The Gary Fisher bikes are as follows:

Wahoo disc
    Utopia
    Tassajara
    Montare
    Cobia

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    bump

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I am now looking at the marlin disc, which has the same components basically as the tassajara for a lesser price. what do you guys think?

AZ
    banned
    How tall are you ? Have you tried a 29er ? Whichever you choose make sure it fits . Any of them are good choices , just depends upon how much money you want to spend . Make sure you figure gloves and a helmet into your budget . Good luck , enjoy your new ride .

mtbr member
    Get the best one you can afford. The earlier years will probably give you better bang for your buck. The 2011 Fisher Collection bikes seem a bit deflated.

The Tassajara is better than the Marlin. When comparing components, make sure to factor in the fork. Derailleurs are relatively cheap and easily replaceable. Forks, on the other hand, are not as easy or cheap, especially on the G2 Fishers. If your budget allows, try to get at least a Tora fork, if not a Recon or better.

Edit: By earlier years I really meant 2010. You might find a 2009, but it's a bit more unlikely.
    Last edited by s0ckeyeus; 09-09-2010 at 01:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ckeyeus
    Get the best one you can afford. The earlier years will probably give you better bang for your buck. The 2011 Fisher Collection bikes seem a bit deflated.

The Tassajara is better than the Marlin. When comparing components, make sure to factor in the fork. Derailleurs are relatively cheap and easily replaceable. Forks, on the other hand, are not as easy or cheap, especially on the G2 Fishers. If your budget allows, try to get at least a Tora fork, if not a Recon or better.

Edit: By earlier years I really meant 2010. You might find a 2009, but it's a bit more unlikely.
    useful info. thanks!

any more?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Marlin has v-brakes vs. Juicy 3's hydros on the Tass.. also has slightly upgraded components.

or if you can find an older model GF HHEK in your price range that would be a good route too. If not.. you can't go wrong with the Tass.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    thanks guys with the help!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    My friend just got his second Gary Fisher, I believe that its the Cobia, I know that doesn't help you much but I rode with him severial times and it is an AMAZING ride!
    Retroleum
    Retro Chairs

Members who have read this thread: 0