FuelEX9....kinda- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

FuelEX9....kinda

Just got the front 1/2 of my ex today along with the rear triangle. Trek is having issues with their ano, so they could not send me an ano blue ex9 so they sent me the ex7 front with a cutom painted matching ex9 backend(the carbon one). They have yet to send the linkage and the shock, but that stuff should be in this week. I took some pics of the front 1/2 with my fork to throw up but cant figure out how to post pics on here. I cant wait to build it up once I get the linkage and shock...got all the parts just sitting and chillin still in their boxes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

trek EX 9

I have a EX 9 on order, what color did you get?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Well since they sent me the front half of the ex7, its that black color, which is actually a very sick color. They painted the rear carbon triangle off the ex9 the same color to match the front half. The dont have the rear shocks yet, so they have yet to send me the one they owe me.I was excited for the snazzy blue ano, but I guess I can deal with the black and it being confused for an ex7

Pedalphile

Wouldn't settle

Quote Originally Posted by rodeo727
    Well since they sent me the front half of the ex7, its that black color, which is actually a very sick color. They painted the rear carbon triangle off the ex9 the same color to match the front half. The dont have the rear shocks yet, so they have yet to send me the one they owe me.I was excited for the snazzy blue ano, but I guess I can deal with the black and it being confused for an ex7
    If you are spending that much $$$$ on a bike, why settle for a color not what you want? I've been waiting 4 months for my Jamis XC Pro, I wouldn't settle for a different color, especially a painted frame over ano.. If you're still waiting for parts, why not just wait for the frame? After you scratch it all up, then you'll be wishing you waited for ano. Blue vs. black....I'd wait for the blue ano. Also, why paint black carbon- BLACK? Just leave it carbon black- much cooler than painting carbon and adding the extra grams of paint.
    "A witty saying proves nothing."- Voltaire

Eric