Fuel Ex7 Opinions??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Fuel Ex7 Opinions??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need the scoop on the Fuel Ex7. Anyone out there have some thoughts on this bike? I just read a rather favorable review of the Ex9 in one of the magazines and I'm hoping much of the high praise can be extended to the lesser Ex7. I wonder if the bike weighs in under 30lbs? I believe I've narrowed down the bike search to two bikes: the Ex7 or a Giant Trance 2 or 3. I think I want the fuel to be the better bike bcz my preferred LBS carries the Fuels, but then again everyone seems to love the Trance so I'm torn. So fill me in on the good and the bad with the Fuel, or Trance for that matter.

mtbr member

Fuel

It's a nice bike but I've had problems with Rockshocks products in the past and I think they only come with RS. I've read a couple of reviews stating that the rockshocks air shocks can be leaky but you can get that from anyone.

bi-winning
    According to the info i have gathered so far, the new rockshox products are real good. several times i have read that people were initially worried about them, but they were glad they did not pass them up. The ex7 has good suspention, and slightly lesser components elsewhere. nothing that can't be fixed. I am a giant guy myself, and have no reason thus far not to reccomend them. the maestro stuff seems to be a hit; very efficient and plush. Perhaps a little more inovative than the fuels. overall though, the bikes are very comparable, so i think it may be a safe choice to just go with the trek, based on the fact that you like that LBS better. That scores big points in my books. if you have any problems, or just make maintenance/upgrade vistis, you want to deal with a shop you feel you can build a good relationship with. The weights of the EX7 and trance 3 should be real close. depending on size, i think you will be looking at just a little over 30lbs.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.