Forge 5xx or 2 year old Iron Horse warrior ltd edition- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Forge 5xx or 2 year old Iron Horse warrior ltd edition

I just pulled the trigger on a new Forge 5xx ($340 out the door), but now I am having second thoughts since I found this used Warrior, listed at $400, I was thinking of offering him $350, but I would also have to eat the $20 for shipping from Target.

I am going to be doing pretty much all mountain, most hard to extreme rated trails. I am really wishing I had waited and kept looking around, but I and been watching craigslist for like 2 weeks and I didnt' see anywhere near this value.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bik/396523799.html

I am not sure of the model, but from the Roch Shox rear and Manitou from shock, I think that it is the Pro model. It is 2 years old, and he says it only has about 50 miles on it.

Which do you guys think is a better deal? I really wanted a FS, but I didn't think I was going to be able to find one in my price range.

mtbr member
    I'd lean towards the Iron Horse, but I'd need to see it up and close to see if it really is in good condition.

Post pics?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I haven't seen it yet, but if it only has 50 miles on it, then it should be in good condition? I might drive out and see it tonight, but its like a 1 1/2 hour drive.

Members who have read this thread: 0