forge?- Mtbr.com

Thread: forge?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

forge?

went online to order the forge sawback 5xx bike in blue which is size 19" and they (Target) are not carrying it?any thoughts on this?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    They won't allow you to order unless it is in stock, are you meaning that you ordered it when it was in stock and now it says in not in stock or what?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    they do not have this bike and do not know when they will!emailed forge and got no answer yet!gonna call tommorrow!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Sorry, man.

I ordered the 17" this weekend; UPS says it should be in today or tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    i have been riding the 5xx (blue) 19" for about a year, i dig it. I even bought my wife the Forge M Street for a present, nice components and frame geometry. I think they build an excellent bike. perhaps consider the 7xx, checkout the price, i may consider this as well. if you buy the 7xx let me know. good luck!
    Last edited by bikefun; 02-28-2007 at 05:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    bikefun -

your reviews were pretty instrumental in my pulling the trigger.

I rode MTB back in the days of lugged steel and hard forks, and still have Trek 930 that I've lovingly maintained for 14 years or so. I've been pretty much a dedicated roadie since '98, though, but have been getting the urge to get back on knobbies ever since my youngest kid dropped his training wheels last year.

Worst case, I figure I'm buying a Deore build kit with discs for $299 - add a decent frame, maybe a headset and BB, and pull a couple of parts off of the shelf, and it's a "killer custom bike". Best case, the Forge frame turns out to be a hidden gem.

I don't know if I'd have gone with the Forge if I weren't pretty comfortable acting as my own wrench, though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I understand the roadie feeling, me too. I went back to mountain last year, I'm having a blast. What are using on the road? Keep me updated on a possible frame change. Works great for me...
    Last edited by bikefun; 03-01-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0