eBay Ti Seatpost- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

eBay Ti Seatpost

Does anyone have experience with a straight Ti seatpost that was purchased from ebay? The main weak point that I could see would the the intersection of the post and the seat clamp. What do you think?

Map Maker
    bump
    these Ti posts look like they are going for like $50 to $72 now.
    any one run one?
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

mtbr member
    I'm not a frame building so hoping one will chime in, but arent seatposts supposed to be weaker than the frame so that they bend before you break the frame? That would be my concern with a Ti one....

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have one 31.6x400mm that I purchased from Ian(china) on ebay last year...I got very lucky and won the auction(no one else bid) for 40.00 shipped

it was right before xmas and took a month for it to clear customs, but well worth the wait

there was a thread from another guy in canada who bought one also last year but can't find it....

I have been running it on my ridgeline for the last year and no problems

weight on it was 190gms IIRC...I put the exact weight on the thread from last year

Map Maker
    Thanks doco that was just what I wanted to hear. I think I might bid one on. I made the mistake of looking at Bustedcarbon.com yesterday and now I am scared to use my carbon post on my Vassago badersnatch frame.
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cbchess
    Thanks doco that was just what I wanted to hear. I think I might bid one on. I made the mistake of looking at Bustedcarbon.com yesterday and now I am scared to use my carbon post on my Vassago badersnatch frame.

if you can find the thread from the guy from Canada who also bought the same post, he was very happy with it also I thought I saved a copy of the thread, but can't find it

just be prepared to wait for it if it gets hung up in customs....also my experience withIan20833 was very good, aside from the post getting stuck in customs(which was not his fault)

if I ever need another post I will definitely buy from him again

if you don't want to mess around with ebay, Toronto Cycles is selling the same post for 80...still a great deal
    down near the middle of page

http://www.torontocycles.com/Selling/Seat_and_Post.html
    Torontocycles Seats, Seat Posts, Titanium Seatpost, Aluminum Clamps

Members who have read this thread: 0