DW Link ... Ibis Mojo and Turner Flux- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

DW Link ... Ibis Mojo and Turner Flux

New bike time. I've pretty much settled on a DW*Link ride, but which one, is the question.

The shortlist ... Ibis Mojo and Turner Flux. I've read a bit on the interwebs that the Mojo is flexy, but awesome. And, the Flux is just awesome.

A parking lot curb hopping ride on the Mojo did not reveal any noticeable flexification. I have not been able to locate a Flux to ride.

Compare-contrast ... if you would please.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    These are two different bikes. Do you want a long
    or short travel bike?

Best, John

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl
    These are two different bikes. Do you want a long
    or short travel bike?

Best, John
    Definitely different bikes. If you still want to look at Turner, You need to look at the 5spot.
    Unless you specifically want a Carbon bike, the 5spot has the advantage in all areas except weight.
    There are reviews out there. The Mojo is a sweet bike and so is the 5spot. You cannot go wrong with either.

T.W.O.
    Flux is a 4" XC bike
    Mojo 5.5" AM bike

the big difference would be the geometry and travel.

How much do you weight, what kind of riding do you do? What's your current bike?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks all. I guess in my head I had them pretty equal. The Mojo doesn't ride like long to me.

I currently ride a hardtail Steelman. Live on the Front Range, and weigh about 165.

I've been out of the loop on FS for quite a while, so it feels like I'm starting from scratch.

Clyde
    I have no flex issues on my 09 mojo. I love how well it plows through the rough stuff in Utah while remaining plush. The frame and fork (magura thor) soaks everything I can give it. I weigh close to 250 with gear over the past 18 months have crashed it multiple times as I push myself beyond my skill and conditioning. The carbon layup on the mojo is very stout. It is nothing like a carbon road bike or carbon bikes of old. Today my ibis still looks great after the beating I have given it. An Aluim frame wouldn't be looking near as good. IMO the Mojo would be a bargain at $4k and yet you pick one up at retail for $3k. People run them as xc race bikes with a 100mm fork to Light FR 160mm rig. Swap the wheel set and fork and you have a whole new bike. That hard to beat as well.

+1 on the Mojo.

If you want a shorter travel rig. A Pivot 429 or Pivot Mach 4 may be an option as well especailly if stiff is more important than plush / deep travel.
    09 Ibis Mojo - All Mountain Moab Edition

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I stumbled across the Pivot Mach 5, and fell in love. SO, I'm going to pick one up this weekend I hope.Thanks all. I just dig the Pivot more than the Ibis!

T.W.O.

How do you like the Thor

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySomer
    I have no flex issues on my 09 mojo. I love how well it plows through the rough stuff in Utah while remaining plush. The frame and fork (magura thor) soaks everything I can give it. I weigh close to 250 with gear over the past 18 months have crashed it multiple times as I push myself beyond my skill and conditioning. The carbon layup on the mojo is very stout. It is nothing like a carbon road bike or carbon bikes of old. Today my ibis still looks great after the beating I have given it. An Aluim frame wouldn't be looking near as good. IMO the Mojo would be a bargain at $4k and yet you pick one up at retail for $3k. People run them as xc race bikes with a 100mm fork to Light FR 160mm rig. Swap the wheel set and fork and you have a whole new bike. That hard to beat as well.

+1 on the Mojo.

If you want a shorter travel rig. A Pivot 429 or Pivot Mach 4 may be an option as well especailly if stiff is more important than plush / deep travel.
    I have Wotan on my Moment and Duc32 on my Mojo. I love the action on Wotan and 8" direct mount. I was thinking about putting Thor on my Mojo, if you don't mind please give input on Thor, it looks to be a sweet spot on AM fork travel range. thanks

T.W.O.
    All in the family baby! Congrats!
    Let us know how you like it.

Members who have read this thread: 0