Diamondback Sorrento, please help- Mtbr.com
    JTM
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Diamondback Sorrento, please help

Hi all, im pretty new to the sport, and in need of a mtb to get things started. I'm thinking about getting a diamondback sorrento from the local sports authority. It is on sale for about 270 and this matches my budget of under $300. The bike will mostly be used for daily campus commuting and weekend trail ridings with my buddies. However, since im new to the sport, i dont really know much about mtbs, my decision is mainly determined by my budget. I was wondering if the sorrento will be able to handle the kind of riding i will be doing. obviously it should be fine with the daily campus commutes, but will it be able to handle any kind of light-medium ridings on the trail?

thanks for the help, hoping to hear some good advice.

mtbr member
    i'd try not to buy a bike at a dept. type store like the sports authority unless you absolutely have to. most of the bikes at these stores arent put together right. if your a newb the last thing you want is to buy a bike that doesnt run correctly. Trek and Giant have models that are well within your price range, maybe try to find a bike shop that carries those brands.

Members who have read this thread: 0