Decision - XC hardtail- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Decision - XC hardtail

I have an 06 Diamondback Response Sport, my first mountain bike. It seems fine, but the components are clearly very entry-level. I started looking for a good deal on a more advanced XC hardtail that would be easier on the climbs, offer better control, etc.

Performance had their 20% off sale, so I ordered a 2006 Ironhorse Maverick SE (came to $400 + tax). The frame seems identical to the more expensive Warriors, components are Deore-level, fork is Marzocchi MZ2.

Any opinions on whether I'm going to see any real difference, or should I just replace components on the DB as they wear out. I'm 6'1, 205 lb and ride on hilly dirt roads, small bumps, etc.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I purchased the same bike on sale as well. The price was definitely right! I should be assembling the bike tomorrow so I will post up with my general impressions. BTW, what size did you order? I am 5' 11" and was torn between the 17 and 19", but I went w/ the 19", because I figure I can always put a shorter stem on it if necessary.

ride hard take risks
    You ordered it you might as well enjoy it, go ride & have fun.

mtbnj.com

enjoy the iron horse....

convert the diamond back to a single speed, and once you realize how much fun ss is, sell both and buy a legit single speed.

walter
    10 beers in

Members who have read this thread: 0