Craigslist deals help please!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Craigslist deals help please!

I found these deals on craigslist. I am wondering which is the best choice for me. I like to do trail mountain bike riding. I ride up and down hills but I don't really mind pushing up some tough hills. I am also currently riding to work on stronger legs for cross-training.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/1939569329.html
    I heard Fuji is a good company.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/1939506932.html
    This is only a frame but I bought some parts and wouldn't mind putting it together.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/1939440426.html
    A complete dirtjumper bike.

I enjoy BMX riding so dirtjumpers interest me as a cross between mountain and BMX. Any advice is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The first one looks like a mish mosh of parts, who knows could be good or a bunch of junk.
    The second seems to much for just a frame.
    The third one seems decent but you'd need to verify the frame is what he says it is.

I would hold a bit longer for a better selection of bikes, I watch CL all the time and have see much better deals then the 3 you posted. Remeber most but not all on CL are a little flexible on there price. Just don't lowball them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thanks man. I'll keep waiting. Seems a DJ is the way to go for me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    True that. I'm just trying to learn how to spot a "deal" and what is "normal". Any tips?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

bikepedia is your friend, find a bike on CL go to bikepedia look up the year/brand/model. Then you know what the bike sold for new, helping you to decide what it's worth used. Also nice for checking component group/Fork, etc... that the seller did'nt bother to list

Whats your max price and size frame/your height? I'll take a look on sf CL for you.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Wow! I was looking and didn't notice those. Thanks a bunch man. And I'm 6'2" 160ish lbs. Budget is sub-$500. And all those bikes work.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I don't know about sizing on DJ bikes but on a 26" mountain bike you should be looking at 19,20" or L/ XL frames based on your 6'2" height. Depends on how you like your bike to fit.

Members who have read this thread: 0