Chameleon drop outs- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Chameleon drop outs

Santa Cruz's Chameleon - the numbers seem right, it seems to be a step up in strength over my current (snapped) frame and, most importantly, it looks good...

But I'm a bit freaked out by the horizontal drop outs. I don't care about how long it takes to remove the wheel, but I am a little worried about the prospect of the rear wheel slipping when I hit rocks hard/ hang the wheel up on jumps etc etc

Can anyone reassure me?

SS Pusher Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr WingNut
    Santa Cruz's Chameleon - the numbers seem right, it seems to be a step up in strength over my current (snapped) frame and, most importantly, it looks good...

But I'm a bit freaked out by the horizontal drop outs. I don't care about how long it takes to remove the wheel, but I am a little worried about the prospect of the rear wheel slipping when I hit rocks hard/ hang the wheel up on jumps etc etc

Can anyone reassure me?
    SC has only been making this model since around '97/'98 wiht this same type of dropout. It has never been a problem. Sure, it may happen......but you could run into that problem on any bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0