can't decide- Mtbr.com

Thread: can't decide

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

can't decide

Hello,

I'm new to mtn bikes and I want to buy one, but cant decide which one to get. I would like a FSR (full suspension). I've looked at Specialized FSR XC Comp and StumpJumper Comp (as well as the Expert, very cool ride). I felt better riding the StumpJumper vs. the FSR XC Comp, I'm not sure if I beginner like me needs to spend 2K+. I'm not planning on jumping off clifts, more into trail with some obstacles. Your opinions or suggestions gladly appreciated.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    i say buy the best bike that you can afford even if you are a beginner. its cheaper in the long run to buy a better bike than it is to buy a cheaper bike and upgrade it down the road. i would just go with the bike that fits you the best. if you are buying a full suspension bike then anything in the $1500 range is gonna have pretty good components that will serve you well for a long time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    $600 difference between FSR XC Comp $1600 msrp vs. Stumpy FSR Comp $2200 msrp.

- if you are sure you like mountainbiking go for the Stumpy. The Fox shocks IMO are worth the difference. The Stumpy FSR Expert wont make you 33% faster or better which is the price difference at $3300 than the Stumpy FSR Comp for $2200.

Was that a Bobcat?
    My vote is go for the stumpy

Members who have read this thread: 0