Hi everybody!
After 10 years of hardtail I would like to upgrade to a full.

My budget is around 4,000 and so far I found two interesting bikes:

Canyon Lux CF 8 for exactly 4,000:
RockShox SID + SIDLuxe, SRAM X01, 29er Carbon wheels (Reynolds), DT Swiss dropper post and, very important to me, integrated Impact Protection Unit: prevents your handlebars from over rotating and striking your top tube (that's the reason why after two crashes I have to change my bike).
Declared weight: 11.64 kg
I could already buy it because it seems great, but then I read about people excited about Cannondale that would never ever change.

Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 3 fits briefly my budget and the frame description seems fantastic, despite I'd have to settle for a mixed SLX groupset, fix seatpost, no bump stop and alu wheels. With this setup the weight is almost equal to the Canyon, but an optional dropper post further increases weight and price.

Now, my question is, is it really worth it to give up a mid-high range setup just to have a Cannondale frame (I need an opinion from those who have tried both because you cannot understand it from a technical data sheet), or to fully enjoy a Cannondale I had to spend more and therefore too much for my budget?

I don't race, or at most one race every 2/3 years, but considering the weight of a full suspended I feel almost obliged to look at the overall weight to know that I can reach the most difficult climbs (if I had chosen a Hardtail I would have settled for a Sram GX group and saved a lot of money). At the same time the Canyon with carbon wheels should feel less rolling weight than aluminum wheels, but I don't know if this is as relevant as having a lighter, well-built frame.

I don't care about resale, once I have chosen the bike I keep it until it works.

Many thanks to those who want to share their opinions