mtbr member
    Aug 2018

Smile Cannondale Prophet adjustable geometry vs Rush

Hello everyone, I know questions have already been addressed towards the subject of the Cannondale Rush compared to the Prophet. The main answer was that the riding style was an important variable to take into consideration.

Where I need help is that I have the option of either buying a cannondale Rush, or a cannondale prophet with adjustable geometry (same price range). The trails where I live would indicate towards the Rush, a softer style, not much descent, mostly flat trails with wet roots and a few rocks. But in the summer were I ride is a little more adapted to the prophet (a lot of descent with a few drops/jumps). Would a prophet with adjustable geometry be great in sharp turns of trail riding, good at climbing like the rush and still be able to handle the tougher stuff like drops and jumps, or is the adjustable geometry a symbolic adjustment? Given the fact that the majority of my riding will be trails, if the prophet can't perform like the rush on such paths I would stick with the rush.

Thank you for your answers!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Never ridden a Rush, but from my experience it will take a good shock to get the prophet to climb efficiently compared to most bikes today. I'd choose the bike for what you'll ride the most throughout the year.