Buying a new bike help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Buying a new bike help

New here.
    My name is Ken i am from newark,ohio 18 yrs old and attending Ohio university-Athens. I am currently riding a 4 yr old gt agressor that is too big for me. l am 5'6" and weigh 165lbs. I ride alot of single track but i want to get into freeriding and urban stunt riding alot! so i have narrowed my search down to a Haro werx 7 and a Kona Sticky deluxe. Now i know these bikes are kinda above my head in abilitys but i want them to last me 4 years atleast and i hope to gain experance in those 4 years. so what do u guys think of these two bikes? is their another bike i should look at? i am assuming i am a small frame bike right? i also might try dirtjumping out.

Freshly Fujified

2 nice choices

Welcome to the forums, Ken. You've chosen two nice bikes for freeriding, IMO. I'm not sure I have any other recommendations, but I'm sure others will come along with some suggestions. I would not worry about the bikes being over your head regaring their capabilities. Just don't try to do anything too crazy right off the bat. Progress at your own pace, and the bike you own will be able to handle the more aggressive things as you become a better rider. As for sizing, on the surface it would seem that a small would be the right size, but each manufacturers sizing is different. The only way to tell is to ride them yourself and choose what size feels best to you personally.

Best wishes in finding the right bike.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Members who have read this thread: 0