brand x from chainreaction?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

brand x from chainreaction?

I am putting together an order at chainreaction on random stuff, and I happen to have a bunch of parts lying around from upgrading my SC superlight, what do you guys think about this frame for a hardtail project bike? I plan on putting a tora 318 air on it after i extend it to 130mm. I cannot find a single review on it, and I cant even find dimension, but I ride a small superlight which is about 16 inch and i think the 15" will work. I figure for the price why not put my old parts to use??? would love to hear some opinions...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

link might help...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    that has got to be the shittiest description of a frame that I've ever seen. doesnt even give the hta/sta???
    i wouldn't buy it.

mtbr member
    You get what you pay for. If you are getting free post and you have the parts for the build and the frame fits. I would buy one.
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

Wēk Ss
    I bought one, for my son, to build up a transitional 24"/26" bike. It's a little bit larger than I expected in the top tube. The box marks it as a dirt jumper, so it is not really a "trail" frame. The geometry looks like a dirt jumper, when I took some measurements, short chain stay, longer top tube. It's not an XC frame, good price though. The welds look solid. The ETT on the 13" looks to be around 22". I didn't take solid measurements, just lined up where I thought, with a tape measure. The c-c top tube is a bit over 20" on the 13" frame. The 13" seat tube measures more like 14.5" c-t.

It's nice and light though, looks fairly sturdy with gussets. It's going to be a long while before I finish the build, about a year. My mmmbop comes first.

mtbr member
    hi, with wich fork have you mounted the frame?

mtbr member

mtbr member
    is the same frame??

Members who have read this thread: 4