Blue Competition Cycles Carbon FS- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Cool-blue Rhythm Blue Competition Cycles Carbon FS

I'm considering this frame, which looks like a great deal at $2,100. I can't tell whether the advertised weight of 2200 grams includes the seatpost and/or rear shock, but I have a message sent to them to find out and will post the response here. This appears to be a first class xc racing frame, but I would like to hear from others out there. If you have an opinion, please post it here.

Scott

"Pain is weakness leaving the body." - Tom Sobal
    Last edited by scottxc; 08-21-2010 at 09:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

frame weight

They inform me that the 2200 grams weight includes the rear shock.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    BTW, I am looking for a bike for Xterra triathlons and XC racing. This looks good, but I am new to the sport and don't know. Thanks for any comments.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I own one and use it for X-C and Xterra racing (they sponsor Seth Wealing). The weight does NOT include the shock, at least on my scale. This frame is about a half lb. heavier than the big name, more expensive bikes like Titus and the Specialized Epic. Blue is a great company and their designers and tech folks ride what they make. I have had some issues with suspension pieces (bolts, spacers) not quite being the proper size or bending. Blue replaced, and I've modified when necessary. I'm not running their spec'd fork or shock though, and my frame is an early 2nd generation before they changed the name. The frame is not particularly stiff at the BB. I happen to like a lively ride so that's ok. suspension design is pretty run of the mill. I will say that compared to other carbon frames, it does seem quite robust. I ride the hell out of mine, and it's put me on the podium. For a wide variety of terrain, it's a good choice. For more specialized courses, I might consider a 29er hardtail. Stay away from Fisher bikes in carbon. They break. Have fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0