A bike for the wife- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

A bike for the wife

Ok Im a mountain biker and I own a 2006 cannondale F600 with the works. I want my wife to join me and I am thinking of a bike to buy her. I thought about the cannondale F300 small frame since she fits well on my F600 small frame. She doesn't need disc brakes or high end parts. We'll be on fire roads mostly. I am not too familiar with other bike Co. out there so does anybody recomend a light bike I can get her for under 500 bucks? It is important the bike is under 30 pounds since she cannot pound a steel bike up a hill.

Freshly Fujified

Lightweight options

In addition to checking out more bikes at your LBS (Giant, Trek, Specialized are brands that come to mind), you may want to consider purchasing via an online vendor. Bikesdirect.com has some very lightweight Motobecane options and I believe you should be able to find one with rim brakes for less than $500 and under 30 lbs. Also, the Ibex Alpine 450 comes to mind as , but it will have disc brakes and be just aropund 29lbs with pedals.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Members who have read this thread: 0