mtbr member
    Jul 2005

hardest choice EVER transition dirtbag or versus blitz

Im buying a freeride frame, and I have experienced customer support with transition and incredible is not the word.. but i have seen very good reviews about versus blitz... what to choose?????????
    Last edited by clouds; 07-04-2005 at 04:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I've looked athe specs on both. The Transition has a fairly tight top tube, but the Blitz is WAY shorter (22.5" I think). Makes it an easy choice for me as I would need a rediculously long stem just to fit on the Blitz.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Techfreak
    I've looked athe specs on both. The Transition has a fairly tight top tube, but the Blitz is WAY shorter (22.5" I think). Makes it an easy choice for me as I would need a rediculously long stem just to fit on the Blitz.
    thanx for ur opinion. The top tube of transition can seems small on the medium frame but on the large frame it is perfect for me ( I am 6"2 )

always learning
    What did you decide on?
    I'm 6'1" and I'm in the exact same decision (add the AS-X to my list too).
    I came from a medium Enduro (23" TT) and I always felt it was a tad small. The large Blitz seems to have almost identical geometry except for the higher BB and slacker HA.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tgreathead
    What did you decide on?
    I'm 6'1" and I'm in the exact same decision (add the AS-X to my list too).
    I came from a medium Enduro (23" TT) and I always felt it was a tad small. The large Blitz seems to have almost identical geometry except for the higher BB and slacker HA.
    Ihv choose the Dirtbag, the customer support is just incredible. Plus the frame is cheap. Plus the design is so perfect and simple. And the new dirtbag 2006 got an manitou swinger 4way oil with SPV. And when u do freeride, u need a bike very responsive so its normal (if not necessary) to have a smaller frame.

always learning
    Quote Originally Posted by clouds
    Ihv choose the Dirtbag, the customer support is just incredible. Plus the frame is cheap. Plus the design is so perfect and simple. And the new dirtbag 2006 got an manitou swinger 4way oil with SPV. And when u do freeride, u need a bike very responsive so its normal (if not necessary) to have a smaller frame.
    Thanks for the info. I've actually decided on the Transition Preston FR. It has all the things I loved about the Enduro and none of the things I didn't. Now the problem is finding a used one. If I can't find one used I'll bite the bullet and get a new one, but its now for sure the bike I want.

Members who have read this thread: 0