Big hit fame size I.D. help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Big hit fame size I.D. help

I was given a 2001 Specialized Big Hit for some work that I did on a friendís house. I robbed the brakes and other components off of the bike and want to sell the rest on ebay or this site.

The problem is I would like to know what size the frame is so when I sell it I can advertise it correctly. The person that gave me the bike doesnít know the frame size and I have looked in every possible location for a size label. I canít find anything. There is a small sticker on the bottom of the frame that looks like it was added by a bike store. Could this be covering the size? Looks hard to remove without becoming uglyÖBike pedia shows three sizes: small, medium, and large.

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...Comp&Type=bike

Any tips to I.D. the frame size would be highly appreciated.

Former Bike Wrench
    Measure the the Effective Top Tube (measured horizontally from center of head tube to center of seat post) length. Here are the sizes in ~inches:

Small=22.75"
    Medium=23.5"
    Large=24.125"

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Ok, I am impressed. I never thought I would get such an accurate response. I measured the distance and found it to be 21.5 inches. So, maybe a small? I would have thought it was a large frame since the guy I got it from was about 6 feet tall. I think I will just list it using the dimensions.

Thanks for the help.

Members who have read this thread: 0