Best women's specific..5' 2", strong rider- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Best women's specific..5' 2", strong rider

My G-Friend is a strong rider looking for a good trail bike. She currently rides a Schwin Rocket 99. Does anyone have any opinions on the Specialized women's specific models? Trying to stay under 2K.

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2004

SC Juliana

My wife is 5-3, 30 years old and a strong rider. She absolutely loves her Juliana. fits her perfectly in a medium. great XC bike, but can handle pretty agressive stuff with a 100lb person aboard. can be had well under 2k since the intoduction of the Santa Cruz vpp bikes. saw them around 1500 bucks on cambriabike.com

No idea about the specialized offering, though i generally like their stuff. Titus makes some real nice XS stuff, but pricey.

Trek WSD stuff was also on the top of my old lady's list... Hope this helps

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Gary Fisher bikes has the GS line which stands for Genesisters. You may want to check them out. Trek owns Fisher and they may have a female oriented model I'm not sure. If you have'nt already I would cross post this question in the "Womans Lounge" forum on this site. Bound to get some good suggestions there. I think this catagory is more of a Sausage Factory.
    Try to pick out anything by itself and you find it connected to the entire universe.

L1MEY
    Don't limit yourself to looking at women's specific designs just because you're looking for a bike for a woman. A lot of women (including me) ride men's bikes and they fit perfectly fine. In fact a lot of women who post in the women's lounge tend to find most of the WSD stuff a bit gimmicky. WSD bikes are designed to fit a certain body build: short torso, long legs. If your GF fits this model then she might be totally happy with a WSD bike, but she might be equally happy with a men's bike. In general you get a better parts spec on a men's bike than an equally piced WSD bike as well, so that's something to consider.

BTW, I am 5'2"ish and ride a 13" Jamis.

- Jen.
    Ride like a girl! :cornut:

Members who have read this thread: 0