BBB Toppost seatpost- junk!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

BBB Toppost seatpost- junk!

Worst seatpost I've ever had, anyway. First off, the adjustment stinks- one of the saddle mounting screws is completely hidden under the saddle, making it really hard to access unless you have an open relief cut like some saddles do. Secondly, the lower half of the clamp has two very small contact spots (just a couple of mm wide) on each rail, which seems like a bent rail waiting to happen. But none of that matters when after a half hour not-too-aggressive ride you get this:

I'm not light by any means- 225 pounds- but I've never bent a seatpost in 20+ years of mountain biking.

I bought a Thomson off eBay last night to replace the BBB.

Happy trails,
    Jack
    Last edited by jack_read; 08-13-2010 at 08:34 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    that looks like a perfectly good setback seatpost..

mtbr member
    Not only is it setback, it now has built in suspension with one-way travel! lol

All fat, all the time.
    wow, that could have been ugly if it broke all the way.....yikes.

mtbr member
    I know. I would like to keep myself intact. I'm not gentle on my bikes, but I've never bent a post... especially one that had only been service for, literally, minutes.

My Thomson just arrived! I'll be installing it tonight. :-) The BB will be a nice wall decoration, or a boomerang.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    that BBB post is not so wrong in 31.6 version!
    the value\price ratio is 4.5\5 I would say, and the weight\price ratio is around 4\5(if there's any sense of tracking the weight at this level).
    mine lasts! lasts 12 active months for now. Honestly, I weigh only 60kg (130 pounds),and not shortened the post, but I ride as agressively as I can, and racing nearly every weekend. so I believe that it's worth my humble money...

Members who have read this thread: 0