Anyone own a GT Sanction 1 2009?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Anyone own a GT Sanction 1 2009?

Hi, thinking of changing my bike. Was looking at the Sanction 1 cause I've seen one second hand. Want a bike for light freeride, bike park and occasional downhill (not looking to beat records on the downhill!) Anyone own and ride one of these?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    go the the all mountain forum and browse the hardtail sticky thread for pictures of and descriptions of how members use them.

this will give you lots of ideas on how to set up this type of bike. there might even be a few sanctions in there.

fwiw, a hardtail with a short seat tube and long fork is my favorite type of bike so I think youre onto something.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Its not a hard tail, I had a quick ride around a car park today on one....so that was no use!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    lol wrong bike. my bad. i thought i knew what a gt sanction was. carry on.

I'm with stupid
    I have a 08 set up for just what you wanna do. I love it!! dhx coil and domain coil up front with DH tires and i ride it all over winter park and keystone. Even took it down the crankworks DH corse a few times and it did just fine and was fun. If you can get a good deal on it then pick it up. There is a guy over on pink bike that has some pictures of him hucking his big and it still survived.

Members who have read this thread: 0