anny oppinions on the 2010 cannondale F7?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

anny oppinions on the 2010 cannondale F7?

so i have had my 2010 f7 for about 5 months now, i am very happy with it and i was wondering what other people thought about it. so far mine has been great i have around 400 miles on it so far, the avid bb5s work awesome. it shifts nice and smooth, and i have only needed to tune it up once so far. just tightened everything up. i ride singletrack, fireroads, street ect. it has been holding up well to 3ft drops and jumps so far. the fork (rst gila pro) works well, and seems like a pretty good fork to me, but i havent got to ride any higher end forks. i would like to upgrade the fork, and a few other things when they break or wear. what do you guys think of the frame? and what fork would you guys reccomend thats not too pricy? i have been seeing some good looking forks in the 250 350 range, but what would be my best bang for my buck? its a 100mm fork thats on there now. thanks

mtbr member
    You could upgrade the fork by going to the Rock Shox Tora SL Solo air fork. Blue Sky cycling has it for $200 and Jenson has it "precut" for $230. The Tora air comes in at around 4.2 pounds cut. If you want to lose another pound then take a look at the Reba Dual Air at $400. You could probably pick up a slightly used Reba on Ebay in the $250 range but then its a little bit of a crap shoot as to how much use it has. The best bang for the buck is the Tora Air at $140 off list at Blue Sky. If you really want to add some bling then take a look at a Fox Fork off Ebay. If you go with a used fork you need to make sure of the steerer length. Forks that come off smaller bikes will be cut below 7.5 inches. Expect to pay around $300 or more for a lightly used Fox with an 8 inch steerer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    wow i have never heard of blue sky cycling before. there are some Deals on there! i think i am going to go ahead and just order up a tora sl solo air. will i notice a huge improvement over my rst gila pro? i know its a beter fork, but how much beter? there are a few different forks right around $200 is this my best option? http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...-Fork-2009.htm and is this fork the right one for my F7? and would you guys reccomend the air over the coil? i want it to handle well and take whatever i throw at it 4ft drops jumps ect

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The Tora would be a huge improvement over any RST fork and the price is pretty decent.You can look around and you will find deals on 2009 models so don't jump the gun without checking around some,you might find something even better for around the same price.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    does anyone have any oppinions on the F7 frame? im just curious as to what some of you that know alot about frames think about this one.

Members who have read this thread: 0