American airlines and bike travel case sizes?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

American airlines and bike travel case sizes?

I am flying with Delta Airlines next year from Europe to San Francisco and am planning to bring my bike but Delta Airlines extra luggage sizelimit is 80 inches total of length plus width plus height and my Thule travel bike case is about 90 inches so it almost fits the asked measurements but is about 10 inches too big :-(

What are your experiences with the American airlines and bringing a travel bike case? do you think that the extra 10 inches would cause a problem?
    Last edited by Danish Dynamite; 11-22-2007 at 07:16 AM.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    from what I have read...it pretty much depends on who receives you at the counter... and your luck.... maybe if you have silver (or higher) medallion status with Delta, it can help....

last year I faced this and decided to rent in the states in the end because I was also flying within the States for "non riding purposes", so it wasn't worth it to me....

There's no app for this.

you've got a year to

talk to Delta and get them to tell you what to do. To show up and hope they will let you take it is folly and you risk being told to leave it behind.

Pick up the phone and/or email them and get the definitive answer. If they will take it, get it in writing and take that with you to check in so some check in bozo cannot refuse you.

Jim

Members who have read this thread: 0