93 Klein Rascal custom offered- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

New question here. 93 Klein Rascal custom offered

Recently my 97 GT Karakoram was stolen from the back of work. A coworker is offering me a customised Klein Rascal for $500.
    Its an old bike. I think the frame is circa 93. Some of the parts are what came with it, some are better and some are worse.
    Here are some pictures.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/atbattso...eat=directlink
    The main parts of the bike seem in great shape to me.
    The front fork with its air pump pressure is quirky but fine.
    My biggest concerns are the shifters which seem very cheap, They are not the original Deore XT or of the same standard as the rest of the bike, And the Crank whick again appears to be cheap. '
    On the plus side the front brake, hubs and derailers are Deore XT (If old), the rims are Mustang and the tires are nice too. Frame is in great shape.
    The bike will need some work and all the cables replacing. The front break one is so worn and fraid it doesn;t work.

Any advice would be welcome. Is it worth the money? The parts are old and random so I am at a loss.

Cheers
    Alastair

SS Pusher Man
    The crank is a Shimano XT crank......not cheap.
    Bicycles donít have motors or batteries.

Ebikes are not bicycles

mtbr member
    It might be worth that much. Its probably not so much a great trail bike for today but in its day was pretty decent. Kleins tend to be something of a collectors bike which drives the value up. The lime green bike that Seinfeld had hanging from the wall was a Klein. The down side on the bike is that it only has 21 speeds.

Heres another bike for the same price that I think has a lot more value to it. Its a 2000 Stumpjumper. This is the same model bike that in 2000 a Belgian used to win the Olympics Mountain bike race with. Even though its 10 years old it features the same type of crankset and drivetrain found on todays bikes. The Stumpjumper with a new fork and maybe crankset would be a top of the line XC race bike by todays standards. It also features an American made frame.
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/1745171655.html

Members who have read this thread: 0