35 lbs alot for a 575?- Mtbr.com

Jul 2007

Listen! 35 lbs alot for a 575?

Hey,
    I am currently running a 2007 Yeti 575. Everything except the wheels (WTB Dual Duty XC) is Enduro stock (Fox Vanilla fork). Does 35 pounds sound right for this bike or is this heavier than it should be? I just haven't found what the overall weight of the bike is supposed to be around.

dirt rider
    Jan 2008
    I don't know what all your components are but this sounds really heavy to me. The new 2008 with an XT set up, that's wheels, crank, shifters, derailers, and Thompson seat and stem comes in at about 27-28 lbs. But tires can vary, and the rims can make a huge difference..and of course the scale that you use...is it accurate.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I was talkin to an experienced Yeti guy at the LBS just the other day, he told me the 575's typically do run over 30 lbs. The dual duty's and vanilla are probably contributing to the weight, I think 30-33 lbs is pretty normal for a freeride 6 inch bike. Anyway, I wouldn't sweat it personally, dude you gots a Yeti, should be an awesome ride - I would freakin love to have that bike, I'd be huckin everything in site. Get a lightweight cross country hardtail as a second bike, then you will never get bored cause you'll have choices. I think everyone should have two bikes, one for serious riding and one for messin around.

mtbr member
    Yours is definitely on the heavy side. My size XL is 29.5 lbs. Here's a thread with some 575 weights:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...007+575+weight

ride hard take risks
    Weight depends on how the bike is ridden and built, if your an aggressive rider I would say no, if your a XC rider then yes.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Members who have read this thread: 0