2008 Titus Motolite shock length- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

2008 Titus Motolite shock length

Anyone with a 2008-vintage Tutus Motolite, PLEASE measure for me the SHOCK UNCOMPRESSED LENGTH, or the bench length eye-to-eye. Hoping it's 7 1/2", but I need to know because the shock I've been intending to mount for some time now is 7 7/8".

My frame size is XL, but I think the shock length would be the same for M-L-XL.

Thanks

J:
    My ML didn't use 7.5, i'm positive it's the longer shock unless they revised it over the years

One thing to watch out out for, some of those air shocks allow too much travel. Take the air out and make sure the seat stay brace doesn't contact the seat tube

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJDOG View Post
    My ML didn't use 7.5, i'm positive it's the longer shock unless they revised it over the years
    You're SURE it wasn't 7.5? If you're sure it was the 7 7/8", I'm all set. I was afraid the spec was for 7.5, because i have a 7.5 Fox RP23 that I could have SWORN came off the Titus frame, and a 7 7/8 Manitou I was running on it that I KNOW wasn't stock. I was afraid I was running a shock that was too long.

Thanks!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by goonboy View Post
    Anyone with a 2008-vintage Tutus Motolite, PLEASE measure for me the SHOCK UNCOMPRESSED LENGTH, or the bench length eye-to-eye. Hoping it's 7 1/2", but I need to know because the shock I've been intending to mount for some time now is 7 7/8".

My frame size is XL, but I think the shock length would be the same for M-L-XL.

Thanks
    Pretty sure it is 200mm x 51mm (7-7/8"x2")

Older 80mm travel RX frames used a shorter eye to eye shock.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

J:
    Quote Originally Posted by goonboy View Post
    You're SURE it wasn't 7.5?
    Positive, think the only other shock size for ML was 6.5" for the small frame

Members who have read this thread: 5