'06 IronHorse Azure Comp- Help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

'06 IronHorse Azure Comp- Help

I am brand new to this forum and was hoping you could help me out. I currently live outside of Chicago but will be spending a lot of time in Park City, Ut. I am 40, 5'10" 200lbs and currently ride a 15 year old Cannondale hardtail around town. I would like to start doing some xc riding on the great trail systems in and around Park City and would like to buy a new full suspension bike. I have not looked at bikes for 15 years and know nothing about them.

I got a mailer from Performance and they are having a '06 bike closeout. I noticed the '06 IronHorse Azure Comp was $800 off(was $2300, now $1500). Plus you get 20% back in store credit($300). Is this a good bike and worth the $1500? Are there others I should consider that might offer more for the same money?

Like I said, I don't plan on doing anything crazy on this bike(no jumping, downhill racing, etc). I'm looking for a good all around bike that will last me a while. Any insights you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ernie

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Iron Horse Azure

I just bought an Azure myself and think it is a great cross country bike. I am a little older that you but the same weight. I test rode a bunch of bikes and liked the Azure the best.
    You may also want to check rscycle.com. They have 05s on sale. I ended up with an 05 Azure expert. I have ridden it a few times and love it

Derailleurless
    Agreed, that's a great price, and the Team Performance credit is enough that it can easily be put to good use.

I'm been on other dw-link Iron Horse bikes for the past three years, and just recently picked up the RS Cycle '05 Azure Comp for my wife. She loves it! And from what I've seen, I think I would, too.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member
    We sell Iron Horse at Go-ride.com and I ride the Park City trails a lot. If I were in your position I'd buy a MkIII or other comparible 5" travel bike. The Azure is much more of an XC race bike that doesn't really compare to the all mountain fun you can have at Park City on a 5" bike.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

Members who have read this thread: 0