mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Worth $500 ? Specialized Enduro Comp FSR

http://cgi.ebay.com/Specialized-Endu...QQcmdZViewItem

So is this worth about $500 ? I've been riding a Wal-mart Mongoose XR-150 for 3 years now. I'm guessing that this will be a huge step up.

I'm going to inspect the bike myself tomorrow and check the fit before handing over the cash.

Thanks

Rod
    mtbr member
    Let me ask you a few questions first.
    1. Do you know what frame size you should ride? Bikes are not one size fits all as suggested by Wal-Mart and comfort level depends on the frame size. If you're not comfortable you won't ride it.

2. Have you ridden a bike similar to the one you're looking at?

My suggestion: If you want used look around the local shops for somethign first or ask some fellow riders if they know of any used bikes for sale. I would rather test ride and inspect the bike in person before buying something online.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

mtbr member
    It sounds like you are in the area. Inspect it and test ride it if possible. Maybe it's just me, but I would probably wait to see how much the bike goes for on ebay. you might be able to get it at less than $500. Then again, if the reserve is set at $500 that is what you get anyway.

My suggesion: follow Rod's advice.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Not trying to be rude or anything, but compared to a Walmart Mongoose, the Specialized Enduro is going to be a world of difference. It's like trading in your Geo Metro for a Corvette.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I ended up passing on the Enduro Comp. I went with a new Ibex Ignition 1.
    The enduro comp was a large and just didn't fit. I rode a friends Ibex and was instantly convinced.

Thanks !

Members who have read this thread: 0