Workout Plan- Mtbr.com

Thread: Workout Plan

mtbr member

Workout Plan

Hi, I need to make a workout plan that will improve my biking skills and endurance greatly, as well as to get bigger abs. For me though, there is no deadline by which I have to finish by,because over at where I live, snow hasn't hit yet and and I got PLENTY of time. If it helps, I did cross country this summer, I have access to a free gym with lots of machines and weights, and I got my recently converted GT Avalanche into a single speed.

Help me make a workout plan that has the whole week involved and that works well. I want to be able to blast through the trails, now ESPECIALLY because my friend is way faster and I JUST converted into a single speed.

Thanks MTBR
    26'er GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc singlespeed oh yeah...

Why is adjusting derailleurs like rocket science to me?

Can't feel my legs
    Ride lots, when it snows XC ski.

AZ
    banned
    Read all the threads in the XC Racing and Training forum , you will find all the info you need . After that go ride your bike .

mtbr member
    Great training plans Here
    cheers
    Pagey

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I like what I've found from James Wilson so far. He has a lot of different exercises specifically for MTBing. There was one video I watched that used a weighted ball, throwing it up high against a wall then going directly into a squat as you catch it and repeat... looked like a killer!

His no gym no prob workout is tough as well! Jumping squats were really tough and very exhausting.

Shaman
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpinnacle
    I like what I've found from James Wilson so far. He has a lot of different exercises specifically for MTBing. There was one video I watched that used a weighted ball, throwing it up high against a wall then going directly into a squat as you catch it and repeat... looked like a killer!

His no gym no prob workout is tough as well! Jumping squats were really tough and very exhausting.
    I second this. James is the first educated strength coach with a passion for mountain biking to apply sound strength training principals to mtbing. Check his programs out.
    Skills coaching loved by passionate riders of all levels and trusted by the pros.
    www.betterride.net

mtbr member
    There was a time where I was traveling some and occasionally the hotel gyms were - well, more of a aerobic room than a "gym." I used to be a competitive powerlifter (squat, deadlift, bench) so not getting a strength workout for a week would sorta got me bummed.

I purchased a set of cards called a "Fit Deck." (back when he only had one simple deck). A lot of the exercises noted by Wilson are included in this basic workout set. I have ended up using the cards for years as there are a lot of plyometric and core strength exercises in them which lend themselves to mountain biking.

He now has various decks for explosive workouts, plyometrics, etc.....

Definitely worth a look......

http://www.fitdeck.com/

trail addict
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Members who have read this thread: 0