mtbr member
    Dec 2007

What is the cadence program on my Delphi puter?

Hi All,
    I just picked up a Blackburn Delphi 4.0 computer for my bike. I was hooking it up and it has an optional wired sensor for cadence. Thats awesome but it would be even more awesome if I knew what the hell it did.

Anyone care to explain?
    Thanks!!
    J.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzmisl
    Hi All,
    I just picked up a Blackburn Delphi 4.0 computer for my bike. I was hooking it up and it has an optional wired sensor for cadence. Thats awesome but it would be even more awesome if I knew what the hell it did.

Anyone care to explain?
    Thanks!!
    J.
    Cadence is how fast you are pedaling. So basically it will tell you how many times the cranks are spinning in a min.

Tahoe Native
    I've heard that these are used more on the road bikes. I didn't install it on my MB though I still can if I want. I didn't want to run a wire since my computer is wireless and figured less to snag on the better. Does anyone use these off road? I've been timing and looking at ave. speeds on my regular rides to measure performance improvements. I just thought with the ups and downs of Mountain Biking, you would have to do a ton of shifting to keep the same cadence or even use it to measure performance???

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way I dunno?

Double-metric mtb man
    I've got a wireless cadence sensor on my bike. I don't use it a lot, but I find it is a good reminder for me when it comes to being in a comfortable spinning range...not too fast (easier on the heart and lungs) and not too slow (easier on the knees).

Kinda neat to see the changes in cadence with shifting....like a tach on a car
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I didn't hook mine up either. Mainly because it was wired and I don't like wires on my bike.....

Members who have read this thread: 0