AZ
    banned
    Giant - over priced
    Speshy - cant tell what year it is , 600.00
    Cannondale - is not rare or custom , dont buy bikes from liars
    Kona - are you looking for a d.h. bike?
    IMHO , your results may vary .

mtbr member
    That specialized would be a killer deal if you could get her down to $600. $750 seems fair, though.

The cannondale ad is sketchy

The Giant doesn't look too bad.. would depend on inspecting the condition

From the photos, the Kona looks used and abused.. doesn't look like it got much love.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    The Giant owner responded and said yes to 600...

Yes it is still available and you can check it out. When and where works for you?
    I spoke to my husband and he said he would be willing to take $600 (firm on that however).

AZ
    banned
    Giant @ 600.00 seems fair , has some decent components .

mtbr member
    OK, you are looking at 4 different bikes in 3 different sizes..... 17", 18.5" and 20.5"

My suggestion would be to find out what size FITS and then start looking at bikes accordingly.

mtbr member
    Find out why the giant shows it has a 100 or 120mm Marzocchi MX Pro fork in the pic, but the specs listed says Rock Shox Duke 80mm.

The Giant is probably worth $600 if well maintained, $500 if it needs work (tune up etc). With any full suspension find out when the fork and shock was last serviced. Because that's $100+ right there to get done if it needs it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolbiker
    Find out why the giant shows it has a 100 or 120mm Marzocchi MX Pro fork in the pic, but the specs listed says Rock Shox Duke 80mm.

The Giant is probably worth $600 if well maintained, $500 if it needs work (tune up etc). With any full suspension find out when the fork and shock was last serviced. Because that's $100+ right there to get done if it needs it.

From seller:

It does indeed have the Marzocchi MX Pro Fork on it. I copied the specs
    from a web-site and obviously didn't scrutinize the details well enough.

The rear and front shock really only require using the shock-pump to adjust
    the pressure. As far as a servicing at a pro-shop, I haven't had it done.

What do you think???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EmaG_KeacH
    From seller:

It does indeed have the Marzocchi MX Pro Fork on it. I copied the specs
    from a web-site and obviously didn't scrutinize the details well enough.

The rear and front shock really only require using the shock-pump to adjust
    the pressure. As far as a servicing at a pro-shop, I haven't had it done.

What do you think???
    Find out if it's a 120mm or 100mm MX Pro. That bike came stock with a 80mm fork. If it's got a 120mm fork now, then the geometry will be thrown off quite a bit. If it's 100mm fork, then that should be OK.

Make sure any used bike you buy fits you well enough, and also be prepared for unexpected maintenance (new drive-train components because original owner let the chain go too long without replacing, fork rebuilds because original owner never did maintenance etc)

I had that same MX Pro on my old bike, that I sold two years ago. The guy who bought the bike wanted me to install some brake pads, and he was like "do I need to do any maintenance to the fork". I told him he should have fork disassembled, cleaned and lubed, and the same with the rear shock. I offered to do it for him for $50. The oil that came out of the MX Pro was the worst smelling oil and it was a dark gray color (started off relatively clear).

So my guess is that the fork and air shock on this bike need this service, and that usually costs about $100+ to have done.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Looks like the Specialized is a year 2000:

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...s+M4&Type=bike

I agree that you seem to be all over the place with respect to size and type. Both are important considerations as you will be pi$$ing your money away if you're wrong on either of these.

If the Specialized fits and is in good condition, AND you are looking for a solid hardtail to get into the sport with, it would be a superb bike to own/ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0