Tube Help- Mtbr.com

Thread: Tube Help

mtbr member
    May 2008

Tube Help

well i got a flat today and put in a new tube and as soon as i got it to the right PSI it split at the base of the stem. so i threw another tube in and the same thing. i have never had this problem. i tried both presta and schrader tubes with the same result. the rim is drilled for schrader. is the rim cutting the tube? i am using a hand put and have many times before without a problem. any idea on how to solve this problem?

DynoDon
    that sounds like defective tubes, take them back to where you got them and ask them to try the next tube to make sure it's ok, it could be a bad batch..check the hole for barbs, and let them do the same.. good luck

Cantankerous Old Fart
    There is a rim tape in place right?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spare link
    ...put in a new tube and as soon as i got it to the right PSI it split at the base of the stem. so i threw another tube in and the same thing. ... the rim is drilled for schrader.
    Quote Originally Posted by manabiker
    ...check the hole for barbs...
    I'd suggest double checking for barbs, also. Maybe a sliver now points out after you pulled that previous tube and it's cutting the new tubes. Roll up some fine sandpaper and work it in and around those drilled holes.

Members who have read this thread: 0