Trek superfly vs Stumpjumper comp carbon vs Raleigh Talus carbon elite- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Trek superfly vs Stumpjumper comp carbon vs Raleigh Talus carbon elite

Well I am bike shopping and while I realize that the 3 bikes I am looking at are not exactly beginner bikes I am technically a beginner to the sport. I have loved bikes for quite some time but had mainly ridden on the road I road my first trail in 08 and the next time I road was some amazing single track on my vacation to CO this past summer. After that ride I knew that mountain biking would be a life long hobby of mine and so I am ready to buy a bike.

So far I am leaning toward the superfly but I am having a really tough time narrowing it down for sure. I am riding lots of rocky rooty trails with moderate climbing and overall good flow. I am in TX now but am planning on moving to CO in the next few years.

Thoughts?

mtbr member
    The similarly priced sf is a triple compared to a double front crank on the stumpy. Fox vs reba. Not much else different. As a beginer or a non beginer it wold be hard to notice much difference. Which ever fits best is the best choice.

mtbr member
    The geometry as a beginner of the stumpjumper is going to suit you better. I just made the upgrade from stumpy to SF and am glad I didn't dive into the SF. The SF is not nearly as forgiving as the stumpy.

ballbuster
    If you avoid the Specialized products, you don't give the lawsuit happy folks you dollars to encourage more frivolous lawsuits.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post
    If you avoid the Specialized products, you don't give the lawsuit happy folks you dollars to encourage more frivolous lawsuits.
    You out there with the occupy morons?
    Ripley LS v3
    OG Ripley v2 handed down to son

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    You out there with the occupy morons?
    Nice.

You support a multi million dollar company that sues a one man home run business (who doesn't even make bikes) for merely using the word 'epic' in their business name?

I guess you do.

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, but why are you so threatened by the occupy folks, you wuss?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Hey Kylen, Ive got two rides in so far on the Raleigh. It rides super stable and very fast. Great bike. I would definitely encourage you to check it out further. I just built it up recently and I'm looking forward to getting some more time on it.