mtbr member
    Feb 2008

trails near Alhambra, CA?

hey i just got into biking and im looking for places to take my hardrock sport. Ive been to Eaton canyon but i guess your not allowed to bike there. the hikers were sure to let me know too.. apparently they get really pissed off about people biking there. but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. i want to get out!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Check here: http://www.socalmtb.com/trails/trails.cgi?la_,socal,n,n
    and here: http://www.geoladders.com/routes.php...=Los%20Angeles

And maybe post your question in the so cal forum on this site for more specifics.

Rod
    mtbr member
    I've never met hikers that were opposed to mtbers b/c both user groups take good care of the trail. I have also never ridden on hiking only trails. I suggest asking the people at the local bike shop. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction, which will take a lot of the guess work out of trying to decide which trail a beginner should ride. Also you would probably get more answers by asking on a local forum or on California's forum on this site. Good luck
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    ya thanks im gonna repost it in that forum. dont know why i didnt think of that before..

Rod
    mtbr member
    it's no big deal....sometimes it's very easy to overlook something that is obvious to an outsider or someone else with a different point of view.....it happens to me all the time
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

Members who have read this thread: 0