Trail types.- Mtbr.com

Thread: Trail types.

mtbr member

Trail types.

I am a decent XC rider. When I ride with others I am usually quite a bit faster both going up hills and down. I have not, however, had the opportunity to try any trails more DH-centric. Naturally that has made me curious about how I would handle it.

I have seen a lot of amazing videos of fellas (and some ladies) throwing it down on some pretty sic DH trails and on some North Shore styled trails. How much more skill is involved in being able to rock these types of trails as compared to some pretty-intense XC trails?

AZ
    banned
    Its easy , thats why you see so many people doing it .

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by NashVis
    ...How much more skill is involved in being able to rock these types of trails as compared to some pretty-intense XC trails?
    You know, first you need like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills... XC riders who want to rail the gnar-gnar must have these skills.....

srsly....North Shore type terrain is a whole 'nother animal.....you can definitely ride/walk/slide down it....but it'll prolly take some time to 'rock' it....my .02
    Click Here for Forum Rules

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NashVis
    I am a decent XC rider. When I ride with others I am usually quite a bit faster both going up hills and down. I have not, however, had the opportunity to try any trails more DH-centric. Naturally that has made me curious about how I would handle it.

I have seen a lot of amazing videos of fellas (and some ladies) throwing it down on some pretty sic DH trails and on some North Shore styled trails. How much more skill is involved in being able to rock these types of trails as compared to some pretty-intense XC trails?
    Things always look smaller/easier/slower in videos.

There is a lot of skill involved, as well as special equipment (the right bike, protective equipment, etc) and the right attitude.

I have progressed a lot in the last few years in freeriding (I was already a pretty good rider), but I am still nowhere near as ballsy as others with more guts and/or talent.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

jalopy jockey
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    srsly....North Shore type terrain is a whole 'nother animal.....you can definitely ride/walk/slide down it....but it'll prolly take some time to 'rock' it....my .02
    Can every really rock it on the bike. I guess Sam hill or Ned everned or Lance coudl say it, but for 99.999999% of the riders out there there is always someone better.

There are people who think I rock the ZC stuff and compared to them I do. I'm moving up to sport class next year

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by jalopy jockey
    ... I'm moving up to sport class next year
    have fun ....the move up to Sport (for most) is eye opening

but, you'll get faster fer sure
    Click Here for Forum Rules

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    have fun ....the move up to Sport (for most) is eye opening
    I got kicked up to Sport in our local series because I was crushing the beginner class in the first three races.

Then I was 14th of 18 in Sport

I'm hoping to be a bit more competitive this season, since I've been riding SS all summer
    :wq

Members who have read this thread: 0