Topeak Mini DXG MasterBlaster wtf- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Topeak Mini DXG MasterBlaster wtf

Edit: Nevermind. I'm so used to pushing bike pumps all the way on the stem, but with this one, it's only supposed to go on half way. I feel like an idiot...

I just bought a Topeak Mini DXG MasterBlaster pump. Either this thing is broken or I am doing something wrong. When I put it on my valve stem, it's impossible to push it all the way on when I engage the pump lock. Since it's not going on all the way, I can't get it to "push" the airflow button inside the valve. I have around 40lbs of pressure in my tire now and when I try to push the pump onto it, the valve actually pushes inside the rim.

Someone throw me a bone here, trying to figure this thing out in 90 degree weather is really pissing me off...

PS: I have a schrader valve, if that means anything. This pump is supposed to work with both schrader valves and Presta valves.
    Last edited by maxxdout; 07-06-2011 at 12:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxdout View Post
    I just bought a Topeak Mini DXG MasterBlaster pump. Either this thing is broken or I am doing something wrong. When I put it on my valve stem, it's impossible to push it all the way on when I engage the pump lock. Since it's not going on all the way, I can't get it to "push" the airflow button inside the valve. I have around 40lbs of pressure in my tire now and when I try to push the pump onto it, the valve actually pushes inside the rim.

Someone throw me a bone here, trying to figure this thing out in 90 degree weather is really pissing me off...

PS: I have the "bigger" traditional valve stem.
    That's one of the biggest annoyances of the Schrader valve system. Presta valve do not get pushed into the rim. But the issue that you're having is probably caused by the pump. Is that pump designed for both Schrader and Presta?