there will be mud........- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

there will be mud........

and behold the white horse

well it's been an interesting month or so since i killed my department store bike. just as a disclaimer, i am a poor speller with bad grammer, so if your agrivated by that read no more!

my last thred was harsh but i'm back for more. after getting a ten yr. old steel frame trek, i was ready to start saving money and get a "real" bike. i had some guns on consignment and planned to use that $ to get a brand new modern ride. two of the guns sold thursday and it wasn't enough for one of the "entry level bikes under $600" which is a great thread for a new guy like myself.

i had been pouring over ebay but shipping is way high on a full bike, i had also been looking at local craigslist. it paid off i hope. thursday night there were 6 treks posted near me, so i had some big decisions to make. there was a 5yr old 4900 for $225, a 3 month old 4300 for $400. i decided to check out and ultimately bought this '09 trek 4500. the original owner only rode it 3-4 times and it shows.with the bike + tax+ waterbottle the original owner paid about $840. i met him at the LBS he bought it from and talked with them before hand.

he missed his "free" tune up, but the bikeshop said the bike was in no need of one and was virtually new. i also got them to look it over one last time after i test rode it. everything was still true. i'm glad i got to talk to the LBS, i'll be using them for any work on it.

i had to sacrifice any warranty, i hope that wasn't a mistake. i felt it was now or never on this particular bike, and it fits me perfect. i can't wait to get in a full ride, i rode it a bit this morning but it was hovering around 50.

well what do ya'll think of this bike. it has everything on my "want" list-shifters, cable placement, lockout fork.

thanks
    2D2C

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Congrats on the new ride! A buddy of mine has a 10 or so yr old 4500 that's still going strong on the original components. Solid bike for the money!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DARK2C
    and behold the white horse

well it's been an interesting month or so since i killed my department store bike. just as a disclaimer, i am a poor speller with bad grammer, so if your agrivated by that read no more!
    God damn. Doesn't your browser have a spell check? How hard is it to right click the underlined word and then click the word you meant to spell?
    :wq

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nice looking bike. I'm glad you found one that you like.

mtbr member
    you'll love it! I have a 4300 dsc and I love it!!
    experience life

Trek RSS, GT Force FS, Diamondback Podium (Commuter)

www.atheistphilbiz.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    I was thinking I'd see a picture of a bike covered in mud after a rainy season ride...

Nice bike. Looks like it's upgradable to disc brakes if needed.

Just ride, ride, and ride some more. That's the best way to get value on any bike!
    Just get out and ride!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    thanks for the replies guys, i'm really happy with it so far. it's way more bike than i'll need for awhile.

Doesn't your browser have a spell check?
    what the shigitty is a spell check?

I was thinking I'd see a picture of a bike covered in mud after a rainy season ride...
    sorry bout that, i just saw there will be blood and it was fresh in my mind. i'll post some "dirty pictures" when i break it in.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nachomc
    God damn. Doesn't your browser have a spell check? How hard is it to right click the underlined word and then click the word you meant to spell?
    Holy crap, I never realized I could right click and see the different spellings. Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0