TCS Rims- Mtbr.com

Thread: TCS Rims

mtbr member
    Apr 2020

TCS Rims

My WTB rims are TCS. I got a flat and thought I might as well go tubeless. Question is did my rims come with tubeless tape from the manufacturer or not?
    How do you tell? Bike did come with extra valves to go tubeless I would imagine?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    If your tires are tubeless compatible then all you need is sealant. I have the same rims. I bought valves and sealant and just did my first set of tubeless. Put the tires on without sealant first and make sure you donít have any leaks. If all is well add sealant either through the valve (core removed) or break the bead enough to pour or squirt sealant in. Itís easier to use a compressor to seat the bead.

jcd's best friend
    Looks like tubeless ready to me. Are the tires tubeless compatible? From what I see, the hard part was done (taping). You just need to find a way to pump air into the tire so it will expand and fill the rim. You will also need some tire sealant.

Most people will use an air compressor or an air pump that can dump high volumes of air into the tire to seat the bead. Worse case, you can ask your shop to do it for you. Seeing that the rim is already taped and you already have tubeless valves, all they need to do is add sealant and air for you. This is presuming that your tires are tubeless compatible too.
    Cannondale Synapse Neo | Salsa Timberjack

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I've done non tubeless tires , but it's much easier with tubeless tires,

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Thx everyone. Got a new back tire as the stock one sucked. I put it on tubeless with a regular floor/hand air pump and it sealed no problem.
    The front tire isn't going to work with me using a hand pump though. Maybe it's stretch from 3 Days of having a tube and me riding it because it's nowhere near as tight as the new one I put on? But it will need compressed air for sure. Hopefully not a new tire as this one is one 3 days old and Tubeless Ready.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Tires fit different ,some loose ,some tight. Sometimes it's easier to get a tire to seat after it's been installed with a tube. There are things you can do to make it easier to seat the tire. But sometimes you just need a compressor.

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by rangeriderdave View Post
    Tires fit different ,some loose ,some tight. Sometimes it's easier to get a tire to seat after it's been installed with a tube. There are things you can do to make it easier to seat the tire. But sometimes you just need a compressor.
    Gotcha good point.