suspension too soft???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

suspension too soft???

Hi I'm new too all this

Ive got a 2001 Gary fisher sugar 2 with 2005 manitou Skareb elites fitted, which seem to me too be far too soft i bob up and down on them when climbing.

Ive played with the rebound adjustment and the air pressure currently at 60psi but they just feel too soft am i being dumb and forgetting something or do the forks just sux???

Gary

Bike to the Bone...
    Hi Gary

How much do you weight? I don't know about Manitou, but the PSI you must put in the fork depends on the fork and your weight. Have you tried using more PSI?

Jan 2004
    There's a forum here that's titled "Lets Talk About Shocks". If you post your question there you're likely to get more answers as it's a shock specific forum..

In general though it would be nice if you did a google search on your fork. I'm certain you'd find out some quick info about it. Do you know what "rebound" is? Have you checked the Manitou website to see what psi you should set the fork for your weight? There are many things you can find out on your own before you ask here. In order to answer your question I would need to do what I have just suggested you do.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Hi Gary

How much do you weight? I don't know about Manitou, but the PSI you must put in the fork depends on the fork and your weight. Have you tried using more PSI?
    hi

i weight about 72kg/165lbs i have tryed more psi but it didnt seem to make any differance???

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fred3
    There's a forum here that's titled "Lets Talk About Shocks". If you post your question there you're likely to get more answers as it's a shock specific forum..

In general though it would be nice if you did a google search on your fork. I'm certain you'd find out some quick info about it. Do you know what "rebound" is? Have you checked the Manitou website to see what psi you should set the fork for your weight? There are many things you can find out on your own before you ask here. In order to answer your question I would need to do what I have just suggested you do.

well with all the forums on this site i must of missed the shocks one

I'm quite converse with google and have looked for information found the manual and the web site and cant find what I'm asking hence why i asked here

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezzza
    Hi I'm new too all this

Ive got a 2001 Gary fisher sugar 2 with 2005 manitou Skareb elites fitted, which seem to me too be far too soft i bob up and down on them when climbing.

Ive played with the rebound adjustment and the air pressure currently at 60psi but they just feel too soft am i being dumb and forgetting something or do the forks just sux???

Gary
    60psi sounds low for a Manitou fork.

Start with getting your air pressure set for the right amount of sag, then set rebound so it tracks well over high speed bumps.

Any active fork will bob when you pedal standing up. To reduce bobbing you want to add compression or lockout, and that fork may not have it. Learn to pedal smooth.

I wear two thongs
    My brothers Manitou Nixon fork is supposed to run 50-70% of your body weight in psi I dont know if its the same with the skareb but if it is you should be in the 80-115psi range on your fork.
    Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

Members who have read this thread: 0