SRAM X7 Trigger Shifters- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

SRAM X7 Trigger Shifters

Does anyone know if there is a way to tighten the tension of the trigger shifters themselves? I have an X7 rear derailleur and just added X7 shifters. The reason I ask is that when I down shift into the lower gears - 5,4,3,etc. - it's very sensitive - like it quickly jumps from 5 to 3 or lower with little pressure. I might not be doing a good job explaining it, but I'm only comparing the feeling of my old shifters, where you could feel each click into each gear - whereas with the x7's, I don't feel that click when I hit each gear? Anybody have any advice, or is it just something I need to get used to?

I Have Cookies
    Take the plastic cover off and hit it with some WD40 (SRAM shifter fixer) they just get gummed up over time. There in no actual adjustments to be made inside the shifter just keep it clean and at that time you might just treat yourself to some fresh housings and cables too!!! Cant hurt! Make sure you hit the shifter with some grease after you clean it out with the WD.
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for the reply - I'll open it up and take a look. I've heard you have to watch for some springs that can come loose and hard to put back? Any advice there also? I did end up installing new cables and housings when I replaced the shifters. Also - I'm no expert, but it seems that the smoothness isn't a problem - they're very smooth - it's almost that they're too smooth - that's why I thought there might be a way to adjust it to have it require more tension to shift into the lower gears. Anyway - thanks for your thoughts on the issue....

I Have Cookies
    For the spring just be carefull when you take off the cover and don't drop it!!!!
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    maybe the cable tension is too tight?

Members who have read this thread: 0