Specialized or Giant?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Specialized or Giant?

Which brand is better in general?

And which is better out of these two?
    Specialized Hardrock or Giant Rincon?

Both are priced the same and seem comparable, but which is a better buy and why?

Use for trail / light-med. off-road, and some street.

Won't be doing anything extreme for now, but would like to have the ability to upgrade and do more later if I choose to.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    They are both good. One isn't better than the other. Giant is the largest bike company in the world (at least my LBS says so) and they even make the frames for some of the other companies.

The see which bike is better... compare the components: derailleurs, shifters, fork, brakes.

Go to your LBS (local bike store) and sit on the bikes, ride them. They should both be pretty much the same as far as quality of the components, etc. - so whatever one feels best.

TRANCER
    Quote Originally Posted by turbospartan
    They are both good. One isn't better than the other. Giant is the largest bike company in the world (at least my LBS says so) and they even make the frames for some of the other companies.

The see which bike is better... compare the components: derailleurs, shifters, fork, brakes.

Go to your LBS (local bike store) and sit on the bikes, ride them. They should both be pretty much the same as far as quality of the components, etc. - so whatever one feels best.
    good post
    Ride

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

The better of the two....

is the one that fits, feels and rides better for you. As turbospartan said, the bikes are pretty comparable to one another. While bikes in general are pretty much the same, it's the little things like slight differences in frame geometry, bar height, seat post set back (or lack of it), etc. that make all the difference in the way a bike feels. Even the material (type of aluminum, carbon, or steel) that a bike is made of can make a big difference in feel and the way the bike rides. Even bikes made of the same material can be made of different alloys and feel quite different. So, get to the LBS, sit on em, test ride em. And go with the one that feel right to you. And if there are other options available to you, check them out too. You never know what brand or model may work best for you.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

AZ
    banned
    If it dosent fit it dosent matter how good it is , try them out , in the dirt if you can .

Underskilled
    what they ^ said,
    both good, but fit is the most important

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Ride them both but my gut says Giant.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks guy!
    I've tested the Giant because that's what I've been set on getting, but now I'll give the Specialized a go.

Members who have read this thread: 0