mtbr member

New question here. Seeking Suggestions & Advices....

Hi, I really need some advice, Heres some of my background,

I started off with a department store bike but mainly commuting and a little off road. Recently(9/08), I received 2009 Connondale F7 as a farewell gift. Anyway, I've ride the bike a few times and didn't like the feel of the bike. It's not the size that makes me feel uncomfable, I believe it's the frame. I'm a Clydes at 6' 2" under 260pound, the frame just feels like it will fail on me (Its really Light). I didn't have any problem with the components etc.... Anyway I have limited cash to spend, so here is a few options.

Option 1: Sell The Frame while its still in very good condition & use that money toward the Banshee Scirocco (My Dream Bike) then use w/e parts that'll fit. I may also get a new fork or wheelset w/ the money I have.
    ( How Much do you guys think this frame should cost...)(No scratches, dent etc..)

Option 2: Get a New Fork w/ Front Wheel and ride till the frame brakes then buy the Banshee @ the end of 2009 or in 2010(don't ask me why).

Option 3: Sell the whole bike & built the Banshee Scirocco slowly, (Ride the Department Store bike as the Banshee is being built)

I don't know what to do
    Feel Free to add other options.

My Bike ( Lighting White )
    https://www.cannondale.com/bikes/09/...odel-9FS7.html

Thanks,
    Hardtail Rider.
    Last edited by Hardtail Rider; 12-21-2008 at 04:28 PM.

Former Bike Wrench
    You didn't mention what type of riding you intend to do. If you are doing just general XC and Trail riding, the Cannondale frame will be able to handle your weight and I would then recommend investing in a better fork. You can pick up some really good 2008 forks right now for cheap.

mtbr member
    ah Yes!, forgot about that...

Aggressive XC, some fast decending, small drops, would love to try Singletrack, and some light All mountain...

I wonder if its ok to cross post in the Bike & Frame...
    Last edited by Hardtail Rider; 12-21-2008 at 04:28 PM.

Former Bike Wrench
    I still think your probably OK with the frame. Its Cannondale's base frame so its going to have heavier tubing than their more expensive stuff.

I would still recommend upgrading the fork and the brakes first...you'll see significant improvements in performance with these two upgrades.

Members who have read this thread: 0