Rock Shox SID RL 100mm- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Rock Shox SID RL 100mm

Does anyone know the axle to crown length for this fork? Didn't find any email on sram site so can't ask from them and didn't find anything with google either.

If I lock the fork, will it move down at all? I guess the answer for this is pretty much same with all new forks?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Anyone?

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cobba View Post
    Thanks.

For 26" 100mm model axle to crown length is 473mm.

If I replace the fork with a rigid one, should I use fork that has the same length? For example from the DT Swiss selection I should use 470mm version rather than 445mm version?

I like bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by empre View Post
    .......If I lock the fork, will it move down at all? I guess the answer for this is pretty much same with all new forks?
    Yes it will slightly. Your locking out the air from passing through the chamber, but air can always be compressed more. The pop-loc will relieve the pressure if it becomes too much. Then ofcourse, your lock-out is no longer engaged. You'd need to hit a drop or jump to create such an event. But for climbing and road use, that shouldn't be an issue.
    Karakoram...ZS44, X-Fusion, Freq i23, Tioga's, Shadow & XT,Shim Hydro 180/160, MG-1 pedals & more.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Ok. What I'm worried is that on a road when pedaling standing the suspensions will move up and down which is super annoying (even if it's just a small movement).

Do you have any opinion for this:

If I replace the fork with a rigid one, should I use fork that has the same length? For example from the DT Swiss selection I should use 470mm version rather than 445mm version?

mtbr member
    I would use a rigid fork the same as the "sagged" length of you current fork.

Sag is often set at 20 to 25% of the forks travel. So for a 100mm fork 20 to 25mm less than the AC measurement of the fork (unloaded).

So if you fork is 473mm then the rigid fork should be about 450mm. So use the 445mm fork. IMHO
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by empre View Post
    Ok. What I'm worried is that on a road when pedaling standing the suspensions will move up and down which is super annoying (even if it's just a small movement).
    .snip..
    Most good quality suspension systems have "pop loc" levers. This locks the suspension out but still allows it to work on big bumps.

Learn to pedal smoother. I have an old (2004) air fork with no lock out. I can ride it on the road both flat and up hills with out bouncing the suspension.
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

Members who have read this thread: 0